(This is something I posted in my Facebook account. And as I was browsing through my notes/blog posts there, I thought this is something I would have to post here. So here goes. You may make your own in your blog sites, too. Just let me know so I could read through them, too.)
1. I never really cooked at home before I got married, but now, I do, and Bong and Kara love whatever I cook, and that’s what’s most important to me.
2. I love kissing and cuddling, so whatever chance I get to kiss and cuddle my children, I grab it. And yes, I LOVE doing this too with Bong.
3. I cry a lot—in the movies, even at home watching an episode of MMK, when there’s a misunderstanding between me and the people I love, when I share and hear sad stories, the first time I saw my babies after giving birth to them—the list goes on.
4. I once dreamed of becoming a lawyer after finishing my Journalism course. Then I had Kara. But you know, I would never trade Kara for any dream in this world. I love my daughter (and the two little ones) to pieces!
5. If I argue with you in English, then that means I am really really mad.
6. I feel I am always put in situations where I need to fight for my rights or my loved ones’, for that matter, that’s why I almost always come off too strong/mataray. But then, I was never a pushover, either.
7. I had difficult pregnancies because we discovered I had APAS (Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome), an autoimmune condition which makes my body reject the developing baby. To save the baby, I had heparin injections twice a day which would leave purple bruises on my belly. Which reminds me…
8. I don’t drink coffee that much anymore. Ever since I got pregnant twice in a row, I have somehow gotten coffee out of my system, and even the usual 3-in-1 could give me heart palpitations now. (funny though, fraps work well for me)
9. The only regret I had marrying Bong was that we didn’t have a wedding singer as good as him. sad.
10. Surprisingly, I liked the Sex and the City Movie. I can’t wait for the next one.
11. I once sang the part of Asaka in our college production of “Once on this Island .” And I would also sometimes pitch in for an orgmate who played the part of Ti Moune whenever she’d get hoarse from singing.
12. I used to commute from Sta. Rosa to UP Diliman and back during College. My parents didn’t consider having me live in a dorm or a boarding house.
13. I once wrote a balagtasan piece for our annual celebration of the priests’ day in High School.
14. I passed the first exam given to wannabes of PSHS, but wasn’t able to take the second exam because the schoolmate tasked to give me the letter informing me I passed the exam failed to do so.
15. I turned down Bong not once, but thrice. And just when he was no longer interested in me, that was the time I discovered I had feelings for him. The rest, as they say, is history.
16. I once auditioned for UPSA (UP Singing Ambassadors) only to prove to an ex that I could get in and sing with the group. And when the novelty of it all wore out, I started losing interest, too. It was also hard to keep up especially when you have to go home to Laguna after rehearsals at around 10-11pm. (but I was able to perform with the group a few times, so to me, that was already enough)
17. What first attracted me to my company was the piped-in music they were playing during my entrance exams—classical music, would you believe!
18. I took over the responsibility of enrolling myself and my siblings to school (including my cousins pa pala) when I was only in grade five. Since my mom has work, she trusted me with the enrollment money. That taught me to be more independent.
19. I was able to watch two Oblation runs in UP. I realized after the second time that once you’ve seen it, you’ve seen all.
20. I used to be good in math. Really. Unfortunately, years without practice really make one forget the whole thing. Fortunately for me, Kara very seldom needs help with Math.
21. After giving birth to Kara while inside the recovery room, I was in such high spirits that I couldn’t care less if everywhere, other women were either throwing up or plain knocked out after giving birth themselves. I just remember being impatient, and to while away the time, I was singing “Build me Up Buttercup.”
22. I am allergic to all kinds of pain killers except celebrex, and anything containing aspirin.
23. I always tell my friends who are still single to look for a man who shares the same faith as theirs. Worshiping together is very important to me. And I am very lucky Bong and I share the same beliefs and practices when it comes to our faith.
24. Kara used to tell me I make harder (review) exams than her teachers’ actual exams.
25. If there is one person I would want to be with again, that would be my deceased brother, Lon. I miss him and I would want to tell him face to face that I love him so much.
There you go. Your turn.